Monday, March 4, 2013

Slice of Life Day 4- My Family

Let me introduce myself and my family.  I have been teaching for 13 years.  I have always taught 5th grade.  For 4 years I was out of the classroom and served as a math coach in our district.  I missed the kiddos and teaching LA so I asked to be placed back into the classroom.  I have always been a reader and loved math in school.  I also enjoy gardening; both flowers and vegetables.  I have been a runner but haven't been good with it lately.  I am hoping to get back into it soon! 

I have been happily married to Mr. D for 10 years now.  He is also a teacher.  He teaches government, psychology, and sociology at a local high school.  In fact, it is the same high school where he graduated.  He is also the head girls' varsity basketball coach.  His team just ended their season as the district runner-up.  They lost to last year's state champions. 

Little D is in 2nd grade and is the joy of my life!  He loves Legos and bugs.  He is bound to be an entomologist when he grows up.  He has certainly taught me more than I ever cared to know about bugs!  He will read any book about bugs that he can get his hands on.  He has also recently discovered the Lunch Lady series and has been reading through them.  He started cub scouts this year and is really enjoying it. 

As a family, we like to visit new places.  Little D's current favorite place is Mackinaw City, Michigan.  We will also tent camp in the summer at different state parks. 

There's my happy little family!



No comments:

Post a Comment