Thursday, March 13, 2014

Slice of Life Day 13- A Long Day


Today was a long day:
Wake up at 4:40 to go to gym to work out. 
6:15 Get home to get ready for school and get son ready for school. 
7:45 Drop son off at babysitter. 
8:00 Get to school. 
7:45 Get home from school. 

Yes, a long day at school with parent-teacher conferences. Since I am not in the classroom, I don't have much to prepare. We were running our book fair this week and I was stationed there for the night. 

I have to say, I loved working the book fair. I had such a good time talking books and recommending books to students and parents. Making new connections with students was certainly a highlight. As kids were bringing up books to purchase I found myself talking to them about their purchases and adding books to my TBR pile.  Those conversations can make an evening pass quickly. 

But now, this girl is tired and ready for bed. Night ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a long day! I don't have my own classroom anymore either, and I usually just spend the day of conferences working in my office. I'd much rather do what you did - recommending books and talking to kids!

    ReplyDelete