Friday, March 14, 2014

Slice of Life Day 14- March Madness


I love his time of year in college basketball. All the different tournaments going all, getting ready for the brackets. 

I've been watching as much of the Big 10 Tournament as I can. My Buckeyes have been giving me near heart attacks yesterday and today. Yesterday they squeaked past Purdue. Today they came back from an 18 point deficit in the second half to win by 4. This is exciting! And tomorrow we take on that team up North. 

It's amazing how much you can bad-mouth and cheer on a team all in one game. I can't imagine all the pressure those players feel while they are on the court. I know they say they can tune out a lot from the stands but I often wonder what some of those comments are that they do hear. I hope it's the positive stuff. 

Some people say that the negative inspires them to do better. I'm not sure if I am one of those people or not. When first thinking about it, I didn't think I was one of those people. But after some thought  I started thinking about times when that has been the case. Interesting. 

I wish my Buckeyes best of luck in the Big 10 Tournament. Hopefully I will be watching them on Sunday!  O-H!!

2 comments:

  1. I always get nervous for the people competing. I can't even watch the Olympics (especially things like figure skating) because I feel the pressure more than the athletes do!

    Hope your Buckeyes do well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You reminded me... I have to spend the weekend doing my research about who won all of the tournaments so I will do better when it comes to picking my bracket. (My husband, daughter, and I do family brackets each year.)

    ReplyDelete