Monday, March 3, 2014

Slice of Life Day 3


The alarm goes off at 4:40 a.m.  Do I lay here in my cozy, warm flannel sheets?  Do I get up and go to the gym for a workout? A few minutes pass, I hear the cold wind.  Warm bed seems to be winning this morning.  I lay there for a few more minutes realizing I'm awake and probably won't be able to go back to sleep.  May as well get up and go workout.

Brave the cold as I walk to the gym.  Doesn't take long to get hot and sweaty.  An hour passes and I'm ready to go home.

I hate getting up in the morning to workout, but I love the feeling afterwards.  I feel very productive so early in the morning and that just sets my day off right.

Get my son up and off to school.  Get myself off to school.  I'm able to get a lot of things done today.  Preparation for a few meetings.  Submitting 2 professional development requests.  Researching some activities for volume in 5th grade.

Now I'm ready to continue my professional read for the month: Falling in Love with Close Reading by Chris Lehman and Kate Roberts.

I love these days that feel so productive.  Days when I can check things off my list.  These are days that relax me.

2 comments:

  1. Got to capture those productive days when you can! Thanks for sharing such a positive slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so admire you for this. I am a lay in bed and linger kind of girl!

    ReplyDelete