Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015-Looking Forward

I was going to look back at my goals for 2014 to see how I fared, but realized if I have to look back at them to refresh my memory on what they were, I probably didn't fare as well as I would have liked. So rather than looking back, I'm going to look forward. The only reflection I am going to have is that I know I need to do better.

Thinking about the new year, my goals for 2015 will be centered around faith, personal, and professional. 

Faith
I enjoy going to church but too often see Sunday spent in my classroom. My goal is to get to church at least two times a month. This will take some better organizing and time management on my part so school doesn't get in the way. 

I also want to be better about reading my devotional. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to read, but somehow it always gets pushed off to the side. I need to do it first thing in the morning or put it on my bedside table to read it before I go to bed. 

Personal
Health is always a big thing with me. I did better about getting to the gym last year, despite a setback in February with a stress fracture. I did well with getting in a workout before school. I like working out at this time because I am not taking away from family time in the evening. 

My goal is to get to the gym at least 4 days a week.  I am also setting a running goal with this. I will run three times a week and will participate in 5 races this year. One of those races must be longer than a 5k. 

My eating habits also need an adjustment. I have found myself snacking more on things that I shouldn't be snacking on. I am going to start the year with a cleanse and continue with cleaner eating. I need to get back into juicing. I need healthier snacks. I need to drink more water. I need to commit two days a week to meatless eating. 

Professional
This year brought many changes for me professionally. I am currently going through training at OSU to be a Literacy Collaborative intermediate literacy coach. This has been quite a busy journey for me. It's all good, but so time consuming! Because of all the time spent with this program, my reading has not been up to par this year. So my first goal is to read six professional books this year. I usually strive for one a month, but this just hasn't been manageable throughout the training. I also want to read at least one chapter book a week. If I get in more great, if it's only one, that's fine, too. 

I need to get back into blogging more consistently! My goal is to blog once a week. I am hoping this becomes more than once a week, but I also need to be realistic. I often think, "I should blog about that!" but it rarely becomes a reality. 

Well, it seems as if I have a lot of goals for myself. Hopefully I will be better about follow-through since none of them are unrealistic. Here's to a New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment