Friday, January 1, 2016

One Little Word

For the last few days, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what my One Little Word for 2016 would be. No matter what I thought of, none felt right. If it doesn't feel right, I know I will have a hard time living it this year. I really needed to find a word that "spoke" to me.

As I was straightening things up in my kitchen, my eyes fell upon this plaque one of my students gave me for Christmas.




That's when it hit me; THIS is my word. I've read this plaque several times over break. I've really thought about what it means for me and for people around me. I've thought about how sometimes I need to inspire myself. I've thought about how I want to inspire my students. I've thought about how, as a literacy coach, I want to inspire my peers.

So this is it. The word I will live by this year. The word I will think about when doing things for myself or my family. The word I will hold close to my heart when thinking about my students and colleagues. How can I encourage someone, myself included, to be their best? How can I awaken those good, positive feelings in myself and those around me?

I don't really have the answers right now, but I know I will enjoy the journey finding the answers. Inspire.


No comments:

Post a Comment